Constantly paying attention to a good working posture during screen work is often neglected, especially when the work has to be completed quickly or when a high level of concentration is required.
It is therefore important to focus on the workplace and to furnish it in a healthy way. An ergonomically designed workplace will unnoticeably stimulate you to adopt a healthy posture while working.
ISS has set up the case study "Healthy screen work" in cooperation with R-Go Tools. The purpose of this case study is to study the effect of an ergonomically designed workplace as well as to create awareness about the importance of healthy working in order to prevent work related complaints.
The case study was conducted among a group of ISS employees.
All participants were allowed to test the following products of R-Go Tools:
- R-Go HE mouse (version in consultation)
- R-Go Split Break keyboard
- Riser laptop stand (version in consultation)
The set-up of the case study was as follows:
1. Inventory of the current situation by means of a questionnaire.
2. Instruction by an ergonomist about healthy screen work and the use of ergonomic tools. After the training the tools were handed out.
3. Evaluation: After a few weeks the first evaluation took place in order to assess the first experiences and to give additional tips and advice. After two months an evaluation took place by means of a questionnaire.
R-Go Riser Laptop Stand
Almost all participants were very satisfied with the R-Go Riser Laptop Stand. The main advantages were: light weight, easy to set up, improves posture and it is flat to carry. ISS has chosen to distribute the Riser stand to all employees.
R-Go HE Mouse
Most participants were satisfied to very satisfied with the use of the R-Go HE mouse. A major advantage is that the mouse improves the posture (of hand and forearm). A number of participants indicated that they had to get used to the new way of using the mouse.
R-Go Split Break Keyboard
Most participants were satisfied to very satisfied with the use of the R-Go Split Break keyboard. The advantages they mentioned were that the keyboard is nice to use and handy in two parts (also for carrying). One comment that was made was that for optimal use of the split keyboard, blind typing would be an added value.
Less complaints with the products of R-Go Tools
Half of the participants reported in the evaluation form to have physical work related complaints before they started working with the products of R-Go Tools. Except for 1 participant, all participants indicate that the R-Go Tools products have contributed to the reduction of these complaints.